How do you build a brand that captures people’s emotions? What can you do to lead organizational change? What does the wine-making process consist of? If you like to drink wine, you’ll love this episode.
Chris Fehrnstrom is the CEO of White Barn Consulting Group, LLC. He has a deep background in the wine industry and has served as the Chairman of the Wine Institute and the Chairman of the Wine Market Council. He was also the CFO and general manager of the startup, wine.com, Chairman of the Wine Market Council, Brand Manager at the E. & J. Gallo Winery, and even worked as the Business Unit Manager at Ocean Spray Cranberries. Today we’re talking about leadership, team development strategy, in addition to wine. I am your host, Simon Vetter.
Chris has amassed more than 25 years of work experience in both public and private corporations. He’s held the title of everything from President to Chief Financial Officer, to Chief Marketing Officer and has handled tasks that have included organizational design, executive leadership, brand marketing, and innovation. Chris has an MBA from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Teaming Up Conversations is powered by Stand Out International, and hosted by Simon Vetter. Simon is an executive leadership coach and CEO of Stand Out International, Inc., and his focus is on behavioral change and executive leadership coaching. Simon trains managers and teams in Fortune 500 companies, guiding them toward better focus, increased clarity, and personal balance. Simon is the author of “STAND OUT! Branding Strategies for Business Professionals,” and has a Masters in Business and Marketing (lic.rer.pol.) from the University of Bern, Switzerland. He is certified in DISC, CDR, Hogan, Opposite Strengths, viaEdge Leadership Agility, Strength Development Inventory, Alpha Leadership, and 360 Leadership Survey Tools.
- A time when Chris was a part of an engaging and motivating team
- What to focus on to make a great product more accessible to a larger group
- The uniqueness of working in the wine industry
- Do’s and don’ts about acquiring and integrating a company
- The importance of staying on message
- Strategizing as a management team
- Why execution can be so difficult in a business
- The importance of incentives and behaviors
- Values are an important element of the culture
- Small gestures that speak volumes
- Teaching and practicing emotional intelligence