“Sometimes in deep trauma, there is a spark of clarity.”
That is a quote from today’s guest, Azim Khamisa. His personal life experiences taught him the practice of compassion, forgiveness, and peacemaking – something we and our world need more of.
Azim became a peace activist after losing his 20-year-old son Tariq to a tragic, gang-related murder in 1995. Out of unspeakable grief and despair, Azim chose the path of forgiveness and compassion rather than revenge and bitterness. This amazing choice led to the establishment of the Tariq Khamisa Foundation (www.TKF.org) and the subsequent forgiveness movement which has reached millions.
Azim Khamisa is an author, thought leader, and international inspirational speaker. He has received over 80 national and international awards for his work and has written several books, including The Secrets of the Bulletproof Spirit: How to Bounce Back from Life’s Hardest Hits. He also conducts public workshops and training programs in both the corporate world and the nonprofit sector to foster effective, purposeful, and impactful leadership through the process of forgiveness. Over the last 25 years, he has helped thousands of children, families, professionals, and management teams.
“Azim has had a positive impact on my life as I have applied the power of forgiveness in my own relationships with family, friends, and in business. It has given me a sense of relief, and joy and alleviated pain. I encourage everyone to take the concept of forgiveness to heart to heal ourselves, our relationships, families, and communities.”
- The tragic specifics of his son’s murder in 1995
- What the path of forgiveness can to do to individuals and communities
- Some staggering statistics on kids killing kids in the U.S.
- Four steps to find and practice forgiveness
- Embrace the process of grief – practice healthy ways to work through grief
- Forgiveness will change your life’s trajectory and possibly blow your mind!
- Restorative justice and its societal impact
- The five questions to ask in the restorative justice movement
- How to apply forgiveness and restorative justice in the corporate world
- Words to live by: “Forgiveness is the crown jewel of personal freedom”
Teaming Up Conversations is powered by Stand Out International, and hosted by Simon Vetter. He is an expert on behavior and culture change. He trains and enables teams to create high-performing organizations.