According to a recent survey, 78% of people stated that the pandemic had a negative effect on their work life. 56% said it had a negative effect on their family life. The 2020 pandemic has forced people to reflect on our “do” culture and has raised the awareness and importance of health, balance, and overall well-being.
Our discussion today is centered on WELL-BEING: what is it, how do you maintain it, and what are effective practices. You will receive ideas, tips, and methods on how to begin or enhance your “Well-Being Journey”.
Today’s guest is my good friend Beth Schumaker with Bright Star Leadership. Beth is an expert in emotional intelligence, communication, and team, and leadership effectiveness. She has over 20 years of experience working with organizations such as Microsoft; American Airlines; Mayo Clinic; Centers for Disease Control; Kaiser Permanente; and many others.
Teaming Up Conversations is hosted by Simon Vetter, CEO of Stand Out International, Inc. As a behavioral change expert, Simon trains managers and leadership teams toward higher performance, increased collaboration, accountability, and engagement.
- What does “Well-Being” mean?
- The PERMAH concept: Positive Emotion, Engagement, Relationships, Meaning, Accomplishment and Health.
- Three levels of assessing Well-Being: Me, We, and Us
- Beth’s personal daily habits for enhancing Well-Being
- Establish healthy habits around positive emotions, relationships and meaning
- How to show “appropriate” vulnerability as a leader
- Team building activities for remote teams
- Recommendations in improving mindfulness, eating habits and sleep hygiene
- Advice on changing a habit: Start small and be kind to yourself!